In this webinar, speakers will discuss the need for health and safety support amongst cultural heritage organizations during emergency events, programs that exist to enhance cross-sector collaboration, and opportunities for future sharing of safe practices for cultural heritage stewards. Dana Stahl, Eugene Satrun, and Elaina Gregg will share case studies from their experience implementing health and safety procedures at their organizations and with emergency response groups. They will also discuss programs, including OSHA’s OnSite Consultation, that support implementation of safety procedures at cultural heritage institutions, and share opportunities for health and safety professionals to get involved in heritage emergency response networks at the local level.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the need for health and safety support within cultural heritage organizations during emergencies.
- Explore case studies on health and safety procedural implementation at cultural heritage institutions.
- Examine programs to support cross-sector collaboration including OSHA’s On-Site Consultation Program and an MOU with CSHEMA.
- Describe how health and safety professionals can be included in the Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) Alliance for Response (AFR) initiative.
Presentation Date: 11/7/2023
- Elaina Gregg
- Eugene Satrun, CIH, CSP, FAIHA
- Dana Stahl, CIH