This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
the words of John Howard, Director of NIOSH, "When workers can thrive in
their jobs, it positively impacts our families and our communities." But
what does THRIVE look like? What does to “prosper” or “flourish” look like to a
worker? Can we agree that it might look and feel different depending on who is
asking, and who is answering that question? What are the obstacles to getting
there? How can OEHS professionals learn, embrace, and implement the concepts,
principles, tools and questions to promote equity and inclusion in workplaces
to the benefit of all?
Join us as we close out the week by reflecting on the stories and data shared by our speakers, unpack where we currently stand and where we want to go – as individuals, organizations, and businesses, and set our sights on practical next steps for improving access to occupational equity within our profession.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Analyze diverse perspectives on what flourishing or prosperity means to different workers and how it can vary based on individual experiences and contexts.
- Identify and assess the barriers and challenges hindering individuals from achieving a state of thriving in their professional environments.
- Equip OEHS (Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety) professionals with the understanding, principles, tools, and questions necessary to promote equity and inclusion within workplaces.
- Reflect on the stories and empirical data shared by speakers to evaluate the current landscape and envision future goals for personal, organizational, and business development in fostering occupational equity.
- Develop actionable steps and strategies for improving access to occupational equity within the OEHS profession, setting a course for practical implementation and advancement in the field.