This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
In this session, we delve into the concept of code switching and its profound impact on worker health and safety in the workplace. Code switching refers to the practice of adjusting one's language, behavior, and communication style to conform to different cultural or social contexts, often to fit into the prevailing norms or avoid discrimination. While it can be a coping mechanism, code switching can also lead to feelings of dissonance, stress, and mental exhaustion for employees, ultimately affecting their well-being and safety. This session aims to raise awareness, facilitate open dialogue, and equip participants with strategies to foster a workplace environment that embraces authenticity and ensures the physical and mental well-being of all employees.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the concept of code switching and its relevance in the workplace.
- Recognize the impact of code switching on worker health and safety.
- Explore the intersections of code switching with diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Foster an inclusive and supportive workplace culture.
- Implement policies and practices that prioritize worker health and safety through authenticity.