Many OEHS career professionals are interested in pursuing the Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) through the Board for Global EHS Credentialing (BGC) to further their professional knowledge and demonstrate their experience and credibility.
The BGC offers a list of equations as guidance for CIH examinations. During the examination, the equations and conversions sheet is available on the computer on which the exams are taken – it is up to the examinee to choose the correct equation for the listed measurement. This webinar will help the attendees understand and visualize the essential equations used by industrial hygienists in their work and in the exam.
Each important formula will be explained so the IH professional will understand the fundamental units used in the formulas and grasp the basic concepts of the calculations by rigorous explained examples.
Main topics to be covered are:
- General science
- Heat stress
- Hood airflow equations
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Choose the right equation for the right IH measurement.
- Decipher between common units of length, temperature, area, volume, weight, and time.
- Enhance technical knowledge which will lead to CIH certification.
- Utilize the critical formulas and their derivatives in industrial hygiene.
Presentation Date: 12/13/2023
- Daniel Farcas, PhD, CIH, CSP, CHMM