Recorded at AIHce EXP 2023
The turbulence in our society threatens the emotional and physical well-being in our workplaces. One approach to defusing the sources of this turbulence is to be open to the discomfort of others from their perspective. Sharing personal experiences about leadership outside the workplace and applying the lessons of these experiences in the workplace requires willingness to be vulnerable to those with whom we work. This sharing comes from a place of self-reflection and personal growth, from which you will unlock the leader in yourself. This session is the 2023 Birkner Award Leadership Lecture, sponsored by the AIHA Leadership & Management Committee.
Upon completion of the session, the participant will be able to:
• Use the role as caring consensus builders and crisis communicators to improve organizations.
• Create bridges to others to enhance the diversity of viewpoints at the table.
• Use the energy from conflict to develop strength in others.
• Discuss how we can achieve better understanding of ourselves through self-reflection.
• Apply the lessons learned from the challenges of remote work that was normalized during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Celia Booth, CIH, CSP, ARM