Recorded at AIHce EXP 2023
Asphyxiation hazards are sometimes overlooked in the life sciences industry as laboratory air exchanges are normally high. This education session will address the depth of asphyxiation hazards present in life sciences industry laboratories. Topics to be presented are: a) control strategies to mitigate asphyxiation hazards; b) Installation of continuous monitoring devices (e.g., O2 & CO2 meters); c) safety procedures for laboratory employees; and d) safe protocols to be used by the emergency responders.
Upon completion of the session, the participant will be able to:
• Address asphyxiation hazards in life sciences industry laboratories.
• Illustrate the control strategies to mitigate asphyxiation hazards.
• Identify the shortfall of the control strategies
• Develop preventive measures to address those shortfalls.
• Provide various tools and protocols to make the strategy robust.
• Define the best practices in the industry.
• Strengthen and enhance current practices to save lives from asphyxiation hazards.
Joy Jacobsen, MS, CIH, CSP
Deepa Kundadka, CIH