Recorded at AIHce EXP 2023
The NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation (HHE) program serves workers throughout the U.S. by evaluating health and safety in a diverse set of workplaces. This session will discuss recent interesting HHEs that teams have undertaken: 1) an evaluation of whole body vibration among golf course maintenance employees; and 2) an evaluation of tuberculosis transmission from elephants to zoo employees.
Upon completion of the session, the participant will be able to:
• Determine how the NIOSH HHE request-based program functions.
• Evaluate exposures to agents that are uncommon or have no OELs.
• Interpret results of exposure data.
• Evaluate an agent where exposure data cannot be measured.
• Provide exposure controls for the workplaces evaluated.
Catherine Beaucham, PhD, CIH