The science of risk assessment has advanced over the past 30 years, but the human brain has not fundamentally changed in thousands of years. Communicating OEHS concepts is a priority for all industrial hygienists – but how can you help workers better understand the importance of these concepts?
Effective communication is a learned skill. Building trust and empathy are critical in any two-way conversation and listening is often the most important aspect in effective communication. Attend this webinar to learn more about how the art of sharing a story can be more effective than a technical presentation with mounds of data.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the essence of effective communication and relationship between Engagement and Outrage,
- Analyze the structure to share a personal, relevant, and empathetic story,
- Outline preparing a communication plan for when (not if) a disaster happens,
- Identify why effective risk communication skills requires effective human communication skills.
Presentation Date: 4/25/2023
- Chuck Geraci, PhD, CIH, FAIHA
- Jonathan Klane
- William Bullock, DHSc, MSPH, CIH, CSP, FAIHA
- Fred Boelter