Heat stress in the work environment and the related illnesses from a lack of protection are an important aspect of worker safety.
During this webinar, presented by Dr. Margaret Morrissey, attendees will be educated on the latest information on occupational heat stress and evidence-based approaches to building an effective heat stress management plan. This presentation will cover topics such as physiological monitoring for heat strain, environmental monitoring, heat safety education, and emergency action plans and procedures for heat-related illnesses. Dr. Morrissey will also highlight key considerations that are often misunderstood.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss how to design a comprehensive, evidence-based heat stress management plan tailored to their work environment
- Outline the key steps to selecting the right wearable devices, safety thresholds, and physiological metrics to assess
- Discuss prevention strategies that are effective to reduce the risk of heat-related illness and injury
- Understand and apply the appropriate steps when a worker is having an exertional heat stroke
Presentation Date: 5/11/2023
- Dr. Margaret Morrissey, PhD