Lack of control over workplace violence can have severe consequences. Employee injuries and fatalities affect not only the workers involved but have far-reaching consequences for businesses and society as a whole.
Industrial hygienists must be aware of these workplace hazards and understand their role in identifying and controlling them to protect workers. This webinar presents the major concepts and definitions from the Workplace Violence Primer and Guideline for Industrial Hygienists published by AIHA.
Occupational safety and health practitioners and industrial hygienists who are not yet familiar with the significance of workplace violence will learn information critical to their role in the prevention of worker injuries. Human resources and security personnel will also expand their understanding of the problem and available protective solutions. Labor representatives will learn how workplace violence threatens their members, and why it is an important area where more needs to be done.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Anticipate and evaluate workplaces for the potential of workplace violence
- Define different types of workplace violence
- Cite possible controls to minimize the likelihood of negative outcomes of workplace violence
- Identify workplace bullying and harassment and describe how it is linked with other violent behaviors
Presentation Date: 2/22/2023
- Dr. Thomas Fuller, ScD, CIH, CSP, MSPH, MBA, FAIHA