Recorded at AIHce EXP 2021
This session will center on the hazards associated with emerging green energy technologies specifically related to electricity production and storage (e.g., wind, solar and biofuels). A comparison of the environmental health and safety risks associated with building, using and disposal of green technologies and more traditional oil and gas technologies will be presented.
Upon completion of the session, the participant will be able to:
- List the green energy technologies of wind, solar and biofuels.
- Provide a history of green energy development.
- Describe why green energy is important.
- Determine the ways green energy is produced.
- Identify the green energy storage devices.
- Differentiate the various uses of green energy technology.
- Compare green energy EHS risks with traditional energy sources.
- Suggest what the future may hold.
David Duncan, CIH CSP CHMM
Elizabeth Thornhill, CSP