Recorded at AIHce EXP 2021
Risk Management is increasingly being leveraged to generate engagement, and a culture of learning and health (workers, organization, communities). Risk management's role touches all functions and activities in an organization; through which organizational core values and culture can be viewed and transformed. However, compliance mindsets and structures dominate environmental health, safety, and sustainability (EHSS), and risk management. This compliance pull affects: a) innovation and forward thinking; b) risk reduction; c) the ability to develop leading indicators and metrics; d) effective nonregulatory systems and frameworks; and e) audit programs. This session presents a process that leverages existing risk management systems and frameworks to provide impact beyond EHSS, and create a culture of learning and health. Case studies, recent research and a risk awareness matrix will be presented. A risk awareness matrix characterizes an organization's risk maturity, and provides a framework for upgrading existing systems and measurement practices.
Upon completion of the session, the participant will be able to:
• Evaluate how risk is defined, assessed, managed, and controlled.
• Develop a 360 degree perspective, awareness of the whole.
• Demonstrate the risk management decision-making process.
• Recognize what is driving the decision-making process.
• Utilize the skills to support innovation and leadership.
Charles Redinger, PhD MPA